Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween! I checked out the parade in the Village, and here are a few of the highlights:

-The first people to walk down the street weren't dressed up but were doing their job: sweeping up poo from the police horses
-A cross-dressing man in a pink bathrobe and a curly red wig posed with an Asian tourist for a photo and gave her a prolonged kiss on the cheek, much to the delight of onlookers and the discomfort of the lipstick-smeared visitor
-The police were more concerned with taking digital pictures than monitoring the huge crowd, and drag queens watched the parade from atop a fire truck

Luckily, tonight was warm and I even carried my coat instead of wearing it. If only all my childhood Halloweens were as mild, all the adults would have known what I dressed as each year. My cheerleader, fairy princess and cat costumes were inevitably obscured by layers upon layers fo coats, leggings, scarves and hats. Perhaps next year I'll take a cue from the parade and wear a pink bathrobe. Now that's a costume my mom would approve of.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

next halloween i think you should go as a hula girl with a tissue paper skirt. amy can go as a lop-eared rabbit with socks for paws.

7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home