Friday, November 10, 2006

This morning was beautiful again, just like yesterday but a bit windier. On my walk to the subway, a woman was sweeping - or trying to sweep - all the fallen leaves from in front of an apartment building. The wind whipped up all the leaves, plus a few scraps of paper and a plastic bag, but the woman continued to sweep furiously, trying to corral everything into a dustpan.

A few blocks later, I walked past a woman and she exclaimed, "You're gonna get a speedin ticket goin that fast!" I laughed and she continued: "You must be in a hurry! Such a pretty girl. I love you! You look like Princess Di. I saw Princess Di when she came to Harlem before she died. Princess Di..." And that's all I heard b/c I was walking too fast - I had to catch the subway, after all.

My neighborhood is fabulous, especially in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home