Saturday, February 24, 2007

Because we both got paid yesterday, Eric and I went out to lunch this afternoon - something we rarely do. We tried a new burger place near Union Square, Stand, which I heard about at Self. My veggie burger with blue cheese and his turkey burger were delicious - not to mention the crispy fries and my hops infusion draught beer. Man, I miss burger and brew nights at 6th St Grill.



To help us digest, we walked around Union Square - and right into a giant pillow fight. I'm guessing it was somehow affiliated with NYU because most of the participants looked to be college-aged. Every so often a pillow exploded and sent feathers flying throughout the park, and onlookers were covered in a fluffy white layer of down.



Eric hurried toward the subway entrance so he didn't arrive at work looking like he'd just slaughtered a goose. Blocks away, people were laughing and carrying mostly-empty pillowcases. I just wished I'd gotten the memo and brought my own pillow.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Maybe it was one of those Flashmob thingies that everyone keeps talking about. You should keep a pillow in your backpack, just in case you run across another epic pillowfight. Either that or get magic pockets....

3:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home