Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I haven't posted in a million years but felt inspired to do so tonight. Things have been pretty slow at work this week and so I've had the time to look at random blogs, which remind me I have one of my own.

Unfortunately, things are slow mostly because this is my last week at Self (again). In fact, as of tomorrow, I will be officially unemployed. I was hoping to be offered an editorial assistant job there that I interviewed for, but I don't feel that great about my chances. So I'm pretty bummed.

BUT my leaving inspired me to create these:



I wanted to say thank you to the executive editor, Dana, who initially thought of me and asked me to fill the Dishes internship position, and whose kids are so darn cute.



I also wanted to thank Maridel, a fitness editor, with whom I've worked most closely. She has been so wonderful - helpful, appreciative, kind. She is taking me out to Nobu 57 for lunch tomorrow, where I'll stuff myself silly with trendy Japanese food - or at least that's my plan. :) We've been talking about it since last week, so I'm determined to work up an appetite tomorrow!

Hopefully my short, informal meeting with Lucy, the editor-in-chief, won't tie my stomach into knots - knots that would make it difficult to eat sushi, that is. Gah. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you were correct, CM. These are wonderful. What a great idea! And of course, you could put other msgs in the talking bubble, i.e.

I love you

12:52 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

jealous of your cards, lah.
you are so damned creative!
will you be my sister? Oh wait, you already are.
whee!

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home