Thursday, June 21, 2007

A summer thunderstorm is dumping rain outside, but I don't mind too much - even though it spoiled my evening's plan of a bike ride (on my NEW BIKE!!!). After all, that rain is nourishing the zucchinis I planted!



I had low expectations for them when I stuck the seeds in the ground. After all, I've never grown anything edible except for some basil and cherry tomatoes (even though Mom did most of the work for those) - and certainly nothing from seed. So I was ecstatic when I noticed the little sprouts poking up through the ground.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much, but I can't help the visions of picking giant, delicious squash from the backyard and making them into skewers for the grill. After all, the seed package says "Muy prolifica!" on the front. And who's to argue with a promise like that - especially when it's surrounded by a red starburst straight out of a direct mail flyer?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home